Sunday, March 1, 2009

The First Battle! Me vs NU!Part 1:the vivas!

the game was on!a challenge was on!it was me vs nu and it was going to be the start of an extraordinary journey!i had only 1 fear at the back of my mind that i will get discontinued in my first year xams only!but this i thought wud come handy as a last ray of hope in convincing my family to change my field!but my friends were more confident than me to pass the xam!i had bets with all of them that i wud fail and they said even 2-3 hrs of studies r enough to pass NU!
i still do not know with confidence what to write in the NU papers and how guys and girls get gr8 %tages but at that time the golden no for me was 40!and it still remains the golden no for me!

first i had practicals to face!there were workshop , drawing , electrical, mechanics , physics ,chemistry practicals!so in total 6 vivas to face!the problem was i had my teeth and mouth wired by steel wires and steel screwes and small plates to hold it together!and the doctor said we will remove the support before my vivas by having a minor surgery!but i was against it!my fear was if it wud cause pain i wud not be able to utter a single word!kindly dr nisal acceded with us!and he said ok on the day of last viva we wud ve the surgical procedure!the other funny thing was the steel wires were loose on the ends so i cud feel some part hurting me as i talked!so the doc said we wud stick chewing gums to the end!so all the time 24*7 i used to ve chewing gums in my mouth so that i cud talk!sala jitte centre fresh zindagi me nahi khaye the utte usay samay me khane pade!i by this time had started gaining energy!and now cud walk inside house without much trouble!this was a gud sign!but still the diet was liquid diet!i cud not eat!

i do not remember what was the sequence of the vivas now but i do remember what happened with me!i guess the first was the workshop 1!i had 2 jobs incomplete!but pote sir was very kind and he said no probs!dad was with me and we entered the workshop!i was really tense!they told the external what had happened with me and all!he said fine no problem we will just take his viva and he has to write something on the sheet and we will pass him!madanker sir was the internal examiner!so it was decied that my dad wud sit besides me during my xam!and wow that was awesome!it was university xam practical and i had my dad rt besides me and it was he who did the drawing part on the answer sheet and i did the writting part!after that what happened i do not know but they abolished the idea of taking my viva and we came home!this gave me a tremendous confidence of facing the xam!but i was so exhausted that as soon as i came home i went to sleep!electrical was also gud!i remember there was a mam who helped us!and yes the grup in which i was to perform did everything for me!i am really sorry i do not remember the faces and names of that grup but i am really really thankfull to you!i just signed on the attendence sheet and rest of the work was done by them!thanx again guys!the viva lasted for a min as i was asked how my accident happened and all!physics was gr8 too!it strated on a horrible note as i got the transistor practical and i did not know how to do it!but dandeker mam came to my rescue she said do not worry we will change it!and thanx to 2 guys manish tiwari and aditya pandit we xchanged our practicals!manish shifted from the thermistor one to another and i got thermistor(the only pract i had prepaired) and pandit shifted to the transistor 1!the external came and asked me few questions and i answered them and last question she asked me was i present for internal practical ? actucally i was present for the physics practical but on that moment i said no mam i did not give my internal pract!damn!later i was damn tense about my answer!so physics was over!drawing was again a terrifying experience!i went in the classroom in the industrial dept!i was very very tense as i had studied nothing!and i guess just becoz of my dadz gr8 impression and mercy shown by the proffs i passed drawing!i did not do a single question rt in the asnwersheet which was provided!did something rough sketches of sort on the sheet and then came viva!viva as gud!i answered 2 questions rt which nobody cud answer and then we had a discussion with zole sir!and this was a frightning discussion!he asked me if i had written on the answersheet and then asked how was the viva and internals and all!and he said ho jana chahiye pass!wtf!ho jana chahiye pass?yar i said shit beta get ready for a practical back!but dad assured me and he said tambe sir's project viva of m tech was taken by him and as gole sir was his best friend nothing was going to happen and i wud pass!mechanics was the best!kulkarni sir was rocking!he said no need to perform practical!just take the journal and copy it into ur answerhseet!wow!wow!my feeling was like i want to dance!then in viva the first question he asked me how did ur accident happen?then i told the external everything and he said to apke calculation galat ho gaye!and we both had a laugh!and then he asked me mere ko ek bat bata tu rehta shankar nagar me bolta hai dost ke yahan gaya tha per mujhe pura shak hai tu girlfriend se milne gaya tha and tera jaghda ho gaya and usi ki tension me ye sab ho gaya!and i was like convincing him ki aisa kuch nahi hai sir!then he said just do not worry!u ve guts in you and u will pass!

i am changing my para to write about the chemistry pract!becoz there is a reason for that!this was the most hopeless dept!evenafter assuring my internals i still do not know they did it knowingly or unknowingly sent wrong internals to the university and i got a damn back in my practical!and in this practical i wrote like anything becoz i was scarred!and i gave a gud viva too!the external was awesome and he too teased me on the gf issue!but he then asked me pretty simple questions and i did answer them correctly!

and after all thos vivas on the last viva day i had my 1st minor surgery!dr nisal on that evening gave me local anestheshia and he removed the steel wires,small plates and screwes from my mouth!it was blood all over my mouth that evening!everytime i used to wash my mouth the colour of the water used to become red!it took the whole night for the bleeding to stop!it was painfull and i cud not talk properly!but i was happy as the doc said now u wud be able to chew and eat solid food!

i again thank all my friends who helped me thru my difficult phase!who backed me for this adventure of giving vivas!the first part was over!the next part was a much bigger challenge!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well tere jaise kulkarni sir kash humko bhi milte yaar kasam se, aur externa bhi fundoo tha lagta hain made gr8 story haan abt girlfriend waise mujhe bhi abhi realise ho raha hain shayd ye story sach hain gf wali!! well that only raises doubt abt whole thing about ur accident.Lagta hain commision bithna padega analysis ke liye.

Anonymous said...

well wat to say chemistry practicals tera kya mera sala zingu chod ke hamare grp mein sab ko chemistry se nafrat pehle se hi rahi hain!!!hain na....

Anonymous said...

ya butdis story tells how pain ful it was .....for u such hars condition and viva well lookin fwd 2 ur viva part 2.....